you're reading...

Mao: At least 45 million dead

Ho Chi Minh: Nearly 2 million dead

Pol Pot: About 2 million dead

Fidel Castro: over 50,000 dead

Che Guevera: ?

Kim IL Sung: ?

Organized communist atheism was the scourge of the 20th century. Millions died because somebody “imagined” what it would be like with no religion.

Advertisements

About Diana Lesperance

I'm passionate about Jesus and I love to defend the gospel of grace and truth. I have a large and active family that keeps me busy and overwhelmed on a daily basis.

Discussion

15 thoughts on “The Fruit of Atheistic Political Ideology: Genocidal Dictatorships

1. Is the fact they’re atheist relevant?
    If so, why?

Posted by Allallt | April 22, 2016, 6:33 pm
  2. The political ideology of most of these atheists was communism, except Kim Il Sung. His political ideology was juche…the same ideology held by Romania’s Ceausescu. https://narrowwayapologetics.com/2012/05/12/the-role-of-christianity-in-the-fall-of-romanias-ceausescu/

Posted by Diana Lesperance | April 27, 2016, 6:34 pm
  3. Okay, so that’s the ideology of some bad people. Not what I asked though, is it? You said atheism is an ideology and I asked what the content of that is.

Posted by Allallt | April 29, 2016, 11:57 am
    • Hi Allallt…:) I guess atheism isn’t a system of beliefs, per se, except for the belief that there is no God (which is a belief), but I don’t think atheism is systematized. Its just that those systems of thought that have leaders who reject the truth of the Gospel seem to be particularly violent and murderous. Why is that? Islamic, Catholic, Atheistic, Juche, Buddhist, Enlightenment, even Calvinistic beliefs…anything that doesn’t align itself with the Gospel…produces tyranny and murder.

Posted by Diana Lesperance | April 29, 2016, 1:04 pm
      • Can you give me an example of a political system that does align itself with the Gospel?
        (Also, what was the tyranny of the Enlightenment?)

Posted by Allallt | April 29, 2016, 1:09 pm
      • I think the American system of thought tried to align itself with the Gospel. The idea that checks and balances were necessary (Montesquieu) aligned itself with the Gospel message that humans are fallen in nature…”there is none righteous, no not one.” The idea that humans are created, rather than evolved, and that all of us answer to a higher power who has honored us by creating us in his image…making us all something of worth. The idea that false religion is the enemy of freedom…but Jesus is the source of true freedom. (Much of the intellectual basis for religious freedom, such as the writings of Locke and Paine, came from the rejection of the Catholic Inquisitoral powers against evangelicals such as John Huss and William Tyndale). The idea of opposition to monarchies, while promoted by Thomas Paine, was argued on the basis of 1 Samuel where God was upset that Israel wanted a King. The idea that anti-clericalism was good, but anti-God was bad was a direct result of the Great Awakening. Hierarchy in religion was no longer necessary because all believers are now priests and kings because of Jesus. All are equal now. These are just a few of the ways the American government was designed to align with the Gospel. Of course, there have been times America has failed, but we have provided the greatest system of political thought the world has ever known.

Posted by Diana Lesperance | April 29, 2016, 1:35 pm
      • So, secular America. Okay.

Posted by Allallt | April 29, 2016, 3:37 pm
      • Yep…secular America was designed with biblical principles in mind by men such as Montesquieu who declared, “They who assert, that a blind fatality produced the various effects we behold in this world, talk very absurdly; for can any thing be more unreasonable than to pretend that a blind fatality could be productive of intelligent beings?” The concept of checks and balances came from a person who believed there was an intelligent designer.

Posted by Diana Lesperance | April 29, 2016, 9:47 pm
      • “I have been asked what I think about the mutual toleration
        of Christians in their different professions of religion; I have
        to answer freely that I regard such toleration as the chief
        identifying mark of the true Church.” The principle of religious toleration was promoted by John Locke, who believed there was a “true church,” but the one defining characteristic of that true church was the willingness to give others religious freedom. He made a convincing argument to those who may have lived under the tyranny of a false church–that they should grant other men freedom of conscience. So, in essence, secularism was the brainchild of those who loved Jesus and his true church.

Posted by Diana Lesperance | April 29, 2016, 10:05 pm
      • Atheism may be more of the absence of belief in god(s), although there are indeed some who feel certain that there is no god.

I saw the title to this post and was a little shocked at first, since “Christianity” isn’t without its blood, and since the OT claims that God himself ordered the genocide of nations, including women and children – sometimes with the demand that they spare the virgin girls of these “wicked nations…” One would have to admit, that is grossly similar to ISIS today.

But I assume this article is in response to some of the assertions I see about how religions breed genocide, murder and hatred. I can get it.

Denmark is mostly Atheist, and I don’t think they’re falling into dictatorships or perilous violence – especially when compared to other, predominately religious countries.

But even so, I suppose these things may not really have any bearing on whether or not they’re true or whether they can be demonstrated to be true.

Posted by william | May 11, 2017, 2:42 pm
  4. As far as the tyrannies produced by the Enlightenment….racism..https://narrowwayapologetics.com/2011/11/30/enlightenment-thinkers-were-racists/ and the French Revolution.

Posted by Diana Lesperance | April 29, 2016, 1:39 pm
  5. I’m writing this on my tablet…sorry for the condition of the above paragraphs….

Posted by Diana Lesperance | April 29, 2016, 3:15 pm

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Books

Why am I WAITING for “Shalom?”

"They tell how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God, and to wait for his Son from heaven . . ."
(1 Thessalonians 1:9b-10a)

The word "shalom" in the Hebrew has many meanings which indicate restoration, renewal, friendship, peace, safety and so on. At one time, God placed his creation in a perfect garden--a place of safety, security, provision and peace--and we disobeyed God, losing 1) our relationship with God and 2) paradise.

Since that time, we've attempted to bring back both of these losses in our own way. Religion is our attempt to gain back our relationship with God, and politics is our attempt to gain back paradise.

The solution to both of these losses is the gospel of Jesus Christ. Yet the world refuses to believe the good news! Instead they try to attain the restoration--the shalom--in their own way through their own effort.

I believe that the kingdom of God is restored in the hearts of men as they receive Christ's finished work, but the kingdom of God doesn't come physically to earth until Christ comes.

Any effort to bring about the promise ahead of time in our own strength is akin to Abraham going to Hagar for fulfillment of the promise instead of waiting with Sarah for the birth of the promised child through whom the nations of the earth would be blessed.

The evangelical church is rushing en masse to bring about shalom through their own effort, power, and influence. Men like Bill Hybels, Rick Warren, Jim Wallis, and Donald Miller are losing their faith in the promise of Christ that he would prepare a place for them and they're attempting to restore paradise now.

I want to let it be known that I'm WAITING for shalom. I won't be a part of their dream. They are moving ahead of God rather than waiting on God and they will create another Ishmael as a result.

%d bloggers like this: